Friday 4 May 2012

Sad farewells, yet new times ahead.

Hello everyone, this is going to be a very sad and difficult post to type.

Last week we said goodbye to Paula.
This week has seen many of The Saturdays think about their own lives and how real life is affecting their own craft time. Me included.

So it is with a heavy heart that I have to tell you that several of us will be leaving Sketch Saturday.

Bente, Cazza, Faye, Jilli, Terry, Tracey, and myself (Jo) have all decided it's also time to either take a break from crafting to concentrate on home life, or to just cut back on DT commitments.
I'd like to personally thank each and everyone of them for their amazing cards, commitment and support throughout their time at SS. Thanks girls! xx

I'm actually really very sad to leave SS, but it's something I need to do right now.
I will miss Sketch Saturday immensely, it will always be in my heart, I started this blog way back in May 2008, and the past 4 years have been a dream and a blast, and a time that I will never forget. I've made many friends through this blog, and I am grateful to all of you, the challengers, as well as all of The Saturdays (past & present), the guest designers and our generous sponsors for making this blog the success it is today.

But Sketch Saturday will go on! *YAY!*
The baton has been passed to the very capable hands of Susie, Jen & Lizy, who will continue to host all those amazing sketch challenges for you.
There will be some adjusting to do and changes happening as they shape SS into what they want it to be, so I ask you all to be patient and supportive please while they settle in. Of course I know that you will because you are THE BEST!

I will officially leave SS after next weeks challenge (#207)

Thank you all for your support and friendship and I hope that you'll continue to support SS and take part in its future challenges.

Lots of love, Jo xx

9 comments:

  1. Oh this is so sad bad enough 1 leaving but so many is such a blow to us all that love this challenge. Good news is that the challenge will be carrying on. I for one will miss you all but will be staying as i love the sketches

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the challenge's are still up and running, but sad you are all leaving.
    Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my!! So sorry to hear so many of you are leaving, Jo thank you soooooo very much for such an amazing challenge blog with so many GREAT AWESOME sketches! I LOVE this challenge and LOVE all your creations too! thank you so very much!

    Soooo Pleased to hear that the hard work you have put in will be still hear and great to hear that Susie, Jen & Lizy are taking the challenge on and up! YAY!!!!!!! wooo hooooo!! can't wait to carry on playing! thanks everyone!!

    and Good luck for the future! everyone! hugs me xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my favourite challenges - you've all done such an amazing job, so big thanks & pats on the back. Glad you are not disappearing from blog land altogether & I hope the new DT (& remaining DT) continue your fabulous work. Best wishes, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is a shock. I just wanted to say a very big thank you to you Jo for helping me with my lost mojo and for the DT for the wonderful inspiration.
    I'm glad the challenge will still continue.
    All the best for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bless you, thanks so much everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sad to here your leaving. But I know how it is, I've taken a break lately to spend more time with my family. You have to do what's best for you. This is one of my favorite challenge sites, and will continue to follow when possible. Good bye to everyone leaving and all the best in your next endeavor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sad to hear that you're leaving but hope for you that your new way for home will be satisfying.
    Glad that the challenges will continue.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you everyone xx
    I will miss SS immensely but it needs time and enthusiasm, something I'm lacking right now as I have other things on my mind. The remaining Saturdays, and i'm sure the new Saturdays too will bring a new lease of life to this fantastic blog :)
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining in the fun!